We are happy to be accepted as one of the outstanding projects for the Plattform Industrie 4.0. It is a selection of projects in the realm of Industry 4.0 (or Connected Industries). Our Showcase Mi5 shows the practicability of our approach.
Together we are not only working on better machines, but also to work as a european team. Machines can be seen as the men and women who built them. If the people don’t get along very well, the machine most often doesn’t either. So we are working together, to build machines, that funciton together.
Have a look: Plattform Industrie 4.0
We hope to see some of you on our hackathon in only 9 days.
Why not? That’s what we asked ourselves when developing our newest gadget: The Virtual Showcase Mi5. It does all the same as the real one, except for its now only bits and bytes and none of the real cookies and cocktails comes out. However, it has some nice features:
- It is very portable: Built on wheels and completely integrated
- All monitors are connected to only two computers, and it can be controlled with one keyboard and one mouse.
- Software-updates can easily be tested, before it is ported on the real Showcase Mi5.
- Perfect test machine for real-world application customers.
- Test all kind of touch application thanks to our multi-touch panels.
Below you find some impressions:
We proudly present you our newest video, where you can see the configuration we used during the SPS IPC drives trade fair.
Side by side you can now compare the simulation in industrialPhysics and the real machine. Don’t get confused, it is not just a nice-to-have feature. It was essential for us, to use the simulation during the development for testing purposes of system-wide aspects.
You can see the following things:
- No module is visible in the simulation. This means, that the module have not yet been initialized by the process tool, and no position is saved.
- A virtual module is being initialized. The initialization works in a way, that the mover is passing a sensor (virtual/real) and the module sends back to the XTS a boolean value when the mover passes by.
- The modules get initialized and, first the Cookie-Module, then one after the other appears in the simulation. Once a module appears, that signalizes, that they now are configured and ready to produce
- You then will see an order in action.
- Pay attention to the different colors that the mover is changing to. This is the virtual-reality-mode of the simulation, where a mechanic can see in which state the mover is in. He then would know, if it is save to touch or not.
- Further you see, that one Cream-Module is missing in the simulation. It has been deactivated on purpose. But nevertheless the machine is able to produce any cookie without error, thanks to our modular approach.
We hope you enjoy the video. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Mark the day: 26. February!
A business day regarding topics of Industry 4.0, the Volkshochschule Esslingen, Nürtingen, Kirchheimm, Göppingen is hosting a conference. In cooperation with the Fraunhofer IAO, the Stuttgarter Produktionsakademie, Fraunhofer IPA, VDMA and VDI, it will be a day, full of different events.
It is mainly divided into four topics:
- “Produktion und Technik” – Production and Technology
- “Strategien und Innovation” – Strategies and Innovation
- “Arbeitswelt/Arbeitsorganisation” – Working environment and organization
- “Qualifikation and Qualifizierung” – Ability and Qualification
We recommend you to visit the event and stay tuned on this topic. It is a chance, not only for us, but also for every participant to exchange thoughts and generate ideas about the future collaboration in this diverse subject of Industry 4.0. For Industry 4.0 has not stopped yet, it has merely started.
You can find the full schedule an further details under this link: VHS-4Business Schedule (PDF – 2.1 MB)
We are looking forward seeing you there!
About two weeks have passed since the sps ipc drives. We have had a lot of positive feedback for our trade-fair demonstrator both from our sponsors and interested people. Many said, that our exhibition is the closest anyone got to the topic “Industry 4.0”
There was also a camera-team from elektroniknet.de that posted a very nice video and an article on their website. Click on the image below to see the video.
The monthly newsletter of the Cluster Mechatronik e.V. released a technical article about the Showcase MI5.
The article can be downloaded below.