Last week there was the first Project Mi5 Event in Las Palmas – the Mi5 Robot Workshop.
- 25 students
- 9 disciplines
- 5 Cities and 3 Countries: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Stuttgart, Vic/Barcelona, Vienna, Munich
- 4 Micro-Robots, 3D Printer, Webcams, Arduinos & MATLAB
In multiple teams we worked on different challenges:
- Mechanical Integration & Setup of the Robots
- Soldering and electronical installation of the components
- Arduino Axis programing using MATLAB & Arduino IDE
- Kinematics calculation & integration into software
- Image processing in combination with Cameras & MATLAB
- Gripper and magnet CAD-design & 3D Printing
All students were in a very motivated mood, even though facing new challenges related to unfamiliar topics in a foreign language and a unknown team.
At the end, the students, as well as the professors from the EII University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, were proud of the nice and creative results.
Special thanks to Technikum Vienna, MathWorks and the School of Computer Engineering ‘EII-ULPGC’