DR. STETTER ITQ FEBRUARY 2017 MAKEATHON
As part of Dr. Stetter ITQ commitment with education and new technologies for Industry 4.0, and considering the big success of our previous “Smart Green Island Makeathon” held in Gran Canaria, we are proud to announce our next major event: February 2017 Makeathon. This time, we have decided to do things a little bit differently. Thus, we will be holding different workshops during the whole event. Some of this workshops are conceived as an introduction to the Makeathon itself, such as the Robotics Workshop, where participants will learn tons of cool stuff for their projects, whereas others are more oriented to current industry professionals.
We would like you to come and experience our next Makeathon. Professionals and students from all disciplines & all semesters are invited!
Last week there was the first Project Mi5 Event in Las Palmas – the Mi5 Robot Workshop.
- 25 students
- 9 disciplines
- 5 Cities and 3 Countries: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Stuttgart, Vic/Barcelona, Vienna, Munich
- 4 Micro-Robots, 3D Printer, Webcams, Arduinos & MATLAB
In multiple teams we worked on different challenges:
- Mechanical Integration & Setup of the Robots
- Soldering and electronical installation of the components
- Arduino Axis programing using MATLAB & Arduino IDE
- Kinematics calculation & integration into software
- Image processing in combination with Cameras & MATLAB
- Gripper and magnet CAD-design & 3D Printing
All students were in a very motivated mood, even though facing new challenges related to unfamiliar topics in a foreign language and a unknown team.
At the end, the students, as well as the professors from the EII University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, were proud of the nice and creative results.
Special thanks to Technikum Vienna, MathWorks and the School of Computer Engineering ‘EII-ULPGC’
Special thanks to Prof. Daniel Hernandez for the coordination and constant support from the faculty
Some impressions live from our Robot Workshop @Universtity of Las Palmas / EII: