The Mi5 Student Team Gran Canaria is on! As a result of our Robot workshop, some motivated students are continuing their work at our Lab in Las Palmas.
We are currently working as an interdisciplinary team of 8 students.
First challenges were the electrical and electronical setup of our B&R delta robot, as well as the mechanical structure.
Currently the team is working on several tasks:
- setting up a Simulation Environment using Siemens NX for CAD Design and IndustrialPhysics / Machineering for the HIL Simulation
- constructing and building a case for the electronical components of the B&R Delta Robot
- Implementing an Image Processing Module for detecting coloured pieces, using MATLAB/Simulink
Despite the time in the university, we used the weekends for activities. Some Students of our Team and me went for a trip to ‘roque nublo’:
Also I managed to enhance my mobility and explore the island on two wheels:
- It is close to impossible to find standard aluminium profiles on the island, but you get to know a lot of nice people while looking for them.
- Seeing a moving robot catches every students attention, no mather if you can talk to him or not.
- If a policeman pulls you over and asks you, if there are ‘STOP’ signs existing in germany aswell, he is not interested in german traffic culture.